By using our site without disabling cookies, you consent to our use of them.
Mediterranean Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
- 4-6 chicken thighs without skin
- 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons harissa
- 2 tablespoons fresh or dried oregano
- 1 red onion, halved and cut into small wedges
- 2 red or yellow peppers, cut, seeded and sliced
- 1.5 pounds small potatoes, quartered
- 1 cup feta, crumbled
- 1 cup mixed herbs, oregano, basil, mint + parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest + 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges for garnish
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
Marinate chicken with 2 garlic cloves, harissa and 2 tablespoons oregano, salt, freshly ground pepper and 1-2 tablespoon of olive oil. Toss together, cover and set aside while you prepare all the other ingredients.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. On a parchment lined sheet pan, toss the potatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper. Add the chicken mixture to the remaining space on the pan. On a second sheet pan do the same with the peppers, onions and remaining 3 cloves of garlic. Place the chicken in the oven to roast for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, check the chicken and potatoes and turn if needed. Return to oven and cook for another 15 minutes or so until every-thing is nicely browned and cooked through. Add the pepper and onions and roast un-til nicely browned and caramelized, about 20-30 minutes. Once done, if you want a bit more crispiness, broil for a few minutes.
Transfer the vegetables and chicken to a large platter, garnish and serve. Scatter the mixed herbs, feta, lemon zest and juice over the top and serve with more lemon wedges.