By using our site without disabling cookies, you consent to our use of them.
Melon Salad with Cucumber, Goat Cheese and Citrus
- 1 small ripe cantaloupe or honey dew melon or a mixture of the two
- 2 Persian or other small cucumbers - thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts or pistachios
- 1 cup radicchio - shredded or torn
- 1/2 cup goat cheese - crumbled
- 1/2 cup mint leaves and or basil
- sprinkling of chili powder, cayenne pepper or Tajin seasoning
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 2 limes - 1 juiced and one cut into wedges
- Olive oil
Cut melon in half and scoop out seeds, with a sharp knife remove skin. Cut halves in half again and thinly slice. Prepare remaining ingredients. Make sure all ingredients are cold, this salad is best served cold on a hot summer evening.
On a large serving platter, layer the radicchio first, then layer the melon slices in different directions but keeping them together in flowing rows, add the cucumber rounds in and around the melon. Scatter your choice of nuts, if using pistachios - lightly chop then scatter. Add the goat cheese crumbles, mint and basil. Microplane some lime zest on top, and squeeze some fresh juice all around. Sprinkle your choice of spice, drizzle with some high quality olive oil and serve with lime wedges.