- 3 cups of corn (3 ears of corn, cut from the cob)
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 tablespoons crème fraîche
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper
- Grapeseed or olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoons chipotle in adobo sauce, minced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
Prepare aioli and refrigerate.
Combine corn, eggs, crème fraîche, scallions, red pepper, cornmeal, garlic and flour in a bowl. Mix until combined.
Heat a heavy skillet over medium, add oil, when hot spoon batter 2-3 tablespoons per corn cake. Cook until golden on each side. Repeat with remaining batter. Keep warm in the oven until ready to serve.