By using our site without disabling cookies, you consent to our use of them.
Ratatouille Over Soft Polenta
Makes 4-6 Servings
- 1 eggplant, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 small zucchini, cut into rounds
- 1 red pepper, cleaned and cut into thin strips
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 corn on the cob, kernels cut off the cob
- 4-6 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 cup mixed chopped herbs: oregano, basil, mint and parsley
- 8-10 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 cup polenta
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 cups water
- Olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place tomatoes, garlic and corn on a parchment lined sheet pan, toss with olive oil, salt and pepper and roast for 20 minutes. While they are cooking prepare the rest of the vegetables.
Line 4 baking sheets with parchment paper. Roast vegetables individually on their own pan. Tossing each with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for about 20-25 minutes until they begin to brown on the edges.
While the vegetables are roasting bring your water to a boil in a medium to large stock pot for the polenta. When boiling add a generous pinch of salt and slowly whisk in the polenta. Reduce heat to a slow simmer and continue to cook, stirring occasionally until done, about 20 minutes. When cooked to your liking add butter, parmesan, and salt to taste. Place the lid on the pot and set aside until ready to serve.
Prepare the mixed herbs. In a large serving bowl combine all the vegetables and gently toss together with the herbs and chili flakes. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed with salt, pepper and a drizzle of olive oil, if desired. Place polenta in a serving bowl and serve with vegetables and ricotta.