By using our site without disabling cookies, you consent to our use of them.
Ratatouille Over Soft Polenta
Makes 4-6 Servings
- 1 eggplant, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 small zucchini, cut into rounds
- 1 red pepper, cleaned and cut into thin strips
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 corn on the cob, kernels cut off the cob
- 4-6 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 cup mixed chopped herbs: oregano, basil, mint and parsley
- 8-10 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 cup polenta
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 cups water
- Olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place tomatoes, garlic and corn on a parchment lined sheet pan, toss with olive oil, salt and pepper and roast for 20 minutes. While they are cook-ing prepare the rest of the vegetables.
Line 4 baking sheets with parchment paper. Roast vegetables individually on their own pan. Tossing each with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for about 20-25 minutes until they begin to brown on the edges.
While the vegetables are roasting bring your water to a boil in a medium to large stock pot for the polenta. When boiling add a generous pinch of salt and slowly whisk in the polenta. Reduce heat to a slow simmer and continue to cook, stirring oc-casionally until done, about 20 minutes. When cooked to your liking add butter, par-mesan, and salt to taste. Place the lid on the pot and set aside until ready to serve.
Prepare the mixed herbs. In a large serving bowl combine all the vegetables and gently toss together with the herbs and chili flakes. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed with salt, pepper and maybe a drizzle of olive oil. Place polenta in a serving bowl and serve with vegetables and ricotta.