By using our site without disabling cookies, you consent to our use of them.
Quinoa Salad with Olives, Garden Veggies and Herbs
INGREDIENTS - QUINOA SALAD
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds - toasted
- 1/2 cup black kalamata olives - quartered
- 1 cup mixed chopped herbs - parsley, chives, mint, basil, dill
- 3 scallions - thinly sliced
- 1 cup cucumber - thinly sliced - half moons
- 3 radishes or watermelon radish - thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh peas - blanched
- 1 cup feta cheese - crumbled
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 cup arugula
INGREDIENTS - DRESSING
- 1 small shallot - minced
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons - red wine, sherry, white wine or balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
This salad is a great year round salad and you can substitute whatever is in season and fresh. It is quick and yummy. The dressing can be simple lemon juice and olive oil or you can make a vinaigrette of your choice.
In a medium pot with a lid, bring 2 cups water and 1/2 tsp salt to boil. Then add the quinoa - reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Turn off heat and let sit 5 minutes. Place quinoa in a bowl and fluff with fork - set aside to cool.
Prepare all other ingredients. Make the dressing.
In a bowl or jar, combine shallot, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper - whisk or shake well then slowly whisk or shake in the olive oil. Taste and adjust if needed.
When quinoa is cool, add vegetables, almonds, feta, zest and dressing. Toss together until combined. Taste and adjust seasoning to taste.