By using our site without disabling cookies, you consent to our use of them.
Portobello Chipotle Tacos
INGREDIENTS - PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS
- 6 mini portobellos mushroom or 3-4 large (any mushroom would be fine - 10-12 ounces)
- 1 large shallot - minced
- 2 garlic cloves - minced
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 T fresh lime juice
- 1 T fresh lemon juice
- 2 T soy sauce
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 T honey
- 1/2 - 1 tsp chipotle chili flakes (depending on how much heat you want)
- 1/4 cup cilantro - chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt and pepper
- 1 package corn tortillas or other - heated on an open flame
INGREDIENTS - TOPPINGS
- 2 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 2 scallions - finely shredded or sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro - sprigs or chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream or greek yogurt
- A bunch radishes - thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar (red or acv will be fine)
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of sugar
- 1 T water
Slice mushrooms into 1/4-1/2 inch strips, set aside. In a large glass bowl, combine all remaining ingredients. Add the sliced mushrooms and marinate for 10-15 minutes while preparing other ingredients.
Make the pickled radishes by combining vinegar, salt, sugar, and water in a jar and add the thinly sliced radishes - set aside to pickle, refrigerate after use. Shred cabbage, slice scallions and prepare cilantro.
Drain mushrooms from marinade.
In a large skillet, heat on medium high. When hot, add a drizzle of oil and mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally until done - 4-7 minutes. Taste and remove from heat at desired doneness. Place in a bowl. Heat tortillas over an open flame or in a skillet. Fill tortillas with mushrooms and toppings - Serve.