By using our site without disabling cookies, you consent to our use of them.
Portobello Chipotle Tacos
Pairs with Lucienne Lone Oak Vineyard Pinot Noir and Hahn Appellation Series Pinot Noir
INGREDIENTS - PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS
- 6 mini portobellos mushroom or 3-4 large (any mushroom would be fine - 10-12 ounces)
- 1 large shallot - minced
- 2 garlic cloves - minced
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 T fresh lime juice
- 1 T fresh lemon juice
- 2 T soy sauce
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 T honey
- 1/2 - 1 tsp chipotle chili flakes (depending on how much heat you want)
- 1/4 cup cilantro - chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt and pepper
- 1 package corn tortillas or other - heated on an open flame
INGREDIENTS - TOPPINGS
- 2 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 2 scallions - finely shredded or sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro - sprigs or chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream or greek yogurt
- A bunch radishes - thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar (red or acv will be fine)
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of sugar
- 1 T water
Slice mushrooms into 1/4-1/2 inch strips, set aside. In a large glass bowl, combine all remaining ingredients. Add the sliced mushrooms and marinate for 10-15 minutes while preparing other ingredients.
Make the pickled radishes by combining vinegar, salt, sugar, and water in a jar and add the thinly sliced radishes - set aside to pickle, refrigerate after use. Shred cabbage, slice scallions and prepare cilantro.
Drain mushrooms from marinade.
In a large skillet, heat on medium high. When hot, add a drizzle of oil and mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally until done - 4-7 minutes. Taste and remove from heat at desired doneness. Place in a bowl. Heat tortillas over an open flame or in a skillet. Fill tortillas with mushrooms and toppings - Serve.