By using our site without disabling cookies, you consent to our use of them.
Lamb Patties with Tomato Cucumber Salad and Lime Yogurt Sauce
INGREDIENTS - LAMB PATTIES
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1/ 2 cup red onion - finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves - minced
- 1/4 cup pinenuts - toasted
- 1/4 cup cilantro - chopped
- 1/4 cup mint - chopped
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper
- Serve with pita or flatbread - 1 package
INGREDIENTS - TOMATO CUCUMBER SALAD
- 1 pint tomatoes - cut in half
- 3 persian cucumbers - 2 cups
- 2-3 scallions - thinly sliced
- 1/4-1/2 cup mixed herbs - cilantro, dill, mint (whatever you have)
- 1 1/2 tsp sumac spice
- 3-4 T olive oil
- Salt and pepper
INGREDIENTS - LIME YOGURT SAUCE
- Yogurt sauce
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1-2 T lime juice
- 1-2 garlic cloves - minced
- Pinch of salt
Mix all ingredients together and form into small patties about 3 inches, place on sheet pan and set aside. Meanwhile prepare tomato cucumber salad and lime yogurt sauce.
For tomato cucumber salad, mix all ingredients in a bowl, toss together. Taste and adjust as need.
To make lime yogurt sauce, mix all ingredients in a small bowl, taste and adjust as needed.
In a large skillet over medium heat, add oil and cook patties (don’t crowd pan) - cook in two batches if needed. Cook until desired doneness - about 4-6 minutes per side. Place on serving platter. Garnish with herbs.
To serve, heat pita or flatbread over an open flame or in a pan until warm. Place 1-2 patties in the pita, a spoonful or two of tomato salad and a drizzle of yogurt sauce.