By using our site without disabling cookies, you consent to our use of them.
Grilled Ribeye Steak and Green Olive Tapenade
Pairs with Hahn Cabernet Sauvignon and Hahn SLH Reserve Pinot Noir
INGREDIENTS - STEAK
- 1-2 Ribeye steaks - take out 30-45 minutes before cooking and marinate
- 4 garlic clove - minced
- 2 T fresh oregano - chopped
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Olive oil
INGREDIENTS - OLIVE TAPENADE
- 1 cup olives - Castelvetrano, Picholine or Cerignola or a mixture
- 2 T capers
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1-2 anchovies
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup mixed herbs - parsley, basil and oregano
- 1 tsp preserved lemon or lemon zest
- 1/3 cup olive oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper or white pepper
Mix garlic, oregano, pepper flakes, salt, pepper and 2-3 T olive oil in a bowl. Place steaks in a glass baking dish and rub with marinade on both sides, cover and leave on counter. Make tapenade.
Place all ingredients in food processor and pulse 3-5 times until desired texture. Taste and adjust seasoning to desired taste. Place in a bowl and set aside until ready to use.
Heat grill - brush with oil. When hot, cook steaks 6-8 minutes per side or cooked to your desired doneness. Let rest and slice into thin pieces - serve with olive tapenade.