Raisin Chutney Ingredients
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 dried chilies
- 6 whole allspice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, finely minced
- 1 yellow onion, minced
- 1 1/2 cups golden or regular raisins
Poached Cod & Roasted Cauliflower Ingredients
- 1 1/2 pounds true cod filet (or other firm white fish), four 6-oz. portions
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh sage
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into quarters
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Spanish smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne
- Kosher salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Add all the ingredients, except the raisins, to a small pot and bring to a boil. Add the raisins and reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook until almost all the liquid is absorbed, about 45 min. This can be done in advance and refrigerated. Bring to room temperature before using.
POACHED COD & ROASTED CAULIFLOWER
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and put on a large stock pot to simmer, filled about half way with water. Drizzle a metal sheet pan with a couple tablespoons of olive oil. Slice the cauliflower heads into large slabs. Lay the cauliflower slices on the oiled pan, season with salt, pepper, cayenne and smoked paprika. Turn over the slices and season the other side. Roast the
cauliflower until browned and crisp on the edges. Set aside.
Place the portioned fish into a zipper plastic back. Drizzle the fish with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Add the thyme and sliced onion to the bag. Just before serving, lower the bag into the simmering water, the fish will cook gently in about 5 minutes.
Arrange the cauliflower and fish on a plate spooning the raisin chutney around or over it.
Makes 4 servings